Sunday, December 30, 2012

Somethin bout this rainstorm


Something About a Rainstorm

I walk these dark and rain swept streets
Dancing ‘tween the raindrops
Two steppin’ like I’ve got two left feet
There’s a love song makin’ me feel lost

No lyrics left to carry that soulless tune
I’ve forgotten the words so many times
No more walks beneath that full moon
No more time for alibis and rhymes

Chorus:
‘Cause the minute that I walked out
I knew there was no lookin’ back
Doesn’t stop me from rememberin’
The times we used to have our scraps
And there’s somethin’ about a rainstorm
That makes the memories full of pain.

 I’m headed out the highway
For a show in one more town
There’s no reason left for me to stay
On this steel horse I’m feeling down.

‘Nother place where I'll try to forget
All the love we thought we'd share
‘Cause there’s something I don’t get
How we let love just disappear.

‘Cause the minute that I walked out
I knew there was no lookin’ back
Doesn’t stop me from think’n ‘bout
When you threw your diamond at......me
Across the bed we had shared.
And there’s somethin’ ‘bout this rainstorm
That’s causing me so much pain.

Don’t know if I’ll return to sing
Can’t stand the thought of seein’ you
Dancin’ ‘cross the floor with him
But this steel horse remembers too.

How it felt with your arms ‘round me
Riding from town to town at night
And I know when the songs complete
I’ll be ridin’ on to sing one more night.

‘Cause the minute that I walked out
I knew there was no lookin’ back
Doesn’t seem easier without
You riding, coverin' my back.

 And there’s somethin’ ‘bout this rainstorm
It’s causin’ me so much pain
Rememberin’ all the times we shared
Both the good times and the bad
Somethin’ bout the cold wet rain
Beating down on me that hurts so bad
‘Cause there’s somethin’ ‘bout this rainstorm
Making me feel awful down

No comments:

Post a Comment