Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Walk In The Light

Walk In The Light

There was nothing but white
Spread all over the ground
Turned the world into
An old photograph
Of black and white.

Made me think of the old days
When there was no color
Everything stark
Standing out in relief
Shadows from light.

The silence was deafening
The quiet surreal
Nothing seemed to move
The world holding its breath
Waiting for sunrise.

A shadow detached from the trees
Edged quickly across the path
I held my breath as I watched
Not daring to move
Black cat in white.

Sitting there on the walkway
Staring so boldy
I smiled and then squatted
Holding out my hand
Come into the warm.

With tail held high it turned
Disappeared into the bush
As I walked forward to where
It had sat and waited
There was not a sign.

Shadows and moonlight
Play tricks on the eyes
Had it been real
Or was Jake stalking my dreams
Goodbye sweet kitty.

Walk in the light.

1 comment:

  1. Miss you Jake. You were only with us for a short time, but you were loved.

    ReplyDelete